DRAFT OF A MEASURE of the General Synod of the Church of England to
enable money from the income account of a diocesan stipends fund to be
given to other dioceses.
1 Distribution of income to other dioceses
After section 5A of the Diocesan Stipends Fund Measure 1953 insert—
“5B Distribution of income to other dioceses
(1) Money standing to the credit of the income account of the diocesan
stipends fund of a diocese, and which the diocesan board of finance is
satisfied does not need to be applied for a purpose specified in section
5(1), may be applied in accordance with this section.
(2) The diocesan board of finance may transfer the money concerned—
(a) to the income account of the diocesan stipends fund of another
(b) to the account held for the purposes of this section by a charity
(whether established before or after the passing of this
(3) Where money is transferred under subsection (2)(b), the charity, having
decided to which diocese or dioceses to give the money, must—
(a) if it decides to give the money to one diocese only, transfer it to
the income account of the diocesan stipends fund of that
(b) if it decides to give separate portions of the money to different
dioceses, transfer each portion to the income account of the
diocesan stipends fund of the diocese concerned.”
2 Short title, commencement and extent
(1) This Measure may be cited as the Diocesan Stipends Fund (Amendment)
(2) This Measure comes into force on the day on which it is passed.
(3) This Measure extends to the provinces of Canterbury and York, except for the
Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.